8 Sep 20

Out and About

A few errands today and also a check on "Star" in the Marina. Its been awhile since I've checked the boat, and having tightened up the alternator belt, she started up first time. While I was there a Common Sandpiper flew past me and landed on one of the boulders surrounding the marina. Also here was a huge flock of Linnets.

Having left the marina it was back to the cottage and a short break in the back garden before my next set of jobs. It was a bit late in the afternoon, but there were a couple of tatty Small Whites and a Common Dronefly on the Valerian.

I had a quick look around the pond and as I did so a Honey Bee came down for a drink. Not unusual I know, but ever since the Lavender flowers have gone over, the Honey Bees haven't visited the garden, or so I thought.

As I let the ducks out for a swim and put the protective fencing around them, I inadvertently disturbed a Willow Beauty moth (Peribatodes rhomboidaria) which conveniently landed on the Ivy in the courtyard.

Here are a few images and a video:

A very tatty Small White on the Valerian.

Having disturbed this Willow Beauty, it very obligingly sat on an Ivy leaf for me to photograph it.

Honey Bee visiting the........

..........garden pond for a drink.

And just the one Common Dronefly seen this afternoon.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On this day..........
2019
Today's Sightings Here

2018
Today's Sightings Here.


2017
Today' Sightings Here.