8 Sep 20

Out and About

A few errands today and also a check on "Star" in the Marina. Its been awhile since I've checked the boat, and having tightened up the alternator belt, she started up first time. While I was there a Common Sandpiper flew past me and landed on one of the boulders surrounding the marina. Also here was a huge flock of Linnets.

Having left the marina it was back to the cottage and a short break in the back garden before my next set of jobs. It was a bit late in the afternoon, but there were a couple of tatty Small Whites and a Common Dronefly on the Valerian.

I had a quick look around the pond and as I did so a Honey Bee came down for a drink. Not unusual I know, but ever since the Lavender flowers have gone over, the Honey Bees haven't visited the garden, or so I thought.

As I let the ducks out for a swim and put the protective fencing around them, I inadvertently disturbed a Willow Beauty moth (Peribatodes rhomboidaria) which conveniently landed on the Ivy in the courtyard.

Here are a few images and a video:

A very tatty Small White on the Valerian.

Having disturbed this Willow Beauty, it very obligingly sat on an Ivy leaf for me to photograph it.

A Honey Bee visiting the........

..........garden pond for a drink.

And just the one Common Dronefly seen this afternoon.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On this day..........
2019
Today's Sightings Here

2018
Today's Sightings Here.


2017
Today' Sightings Here.