31 Mar 21

Wakeham

No walk today as I spent the afternoon playing with my new "toy" in the back garden and very successful it was to. Nothing special, just an electric chainsaw, which will hopefully pay for itself as long as I can find enough logs for the fire.

So when it wasn't running I managed to do a bit of bird spotting and managed 15 species seen from the garden, including a Chiffchaff and a Grey Wagtail. The latter the first I have seen for quite awhile.

As I was shifting the logs and wood, a mouse shot out from the log pile and disappeared into the undergrowth. A quick check revealed that there wasn't a nest, so all was good.

Despite it being dry, it was fairly overcast with a bit of a nip in the air and the only invertebrates I saw were a Buff-tailed Bumblebee and a Miridae sp.

Here are a few images and a video from today:

Hiding behind the bush a Dunnock

Later he was singing his heart out. In the back ground there is a Blackbird singing, a pair of Wood Pigeons, Herring Gulls and the briefest of songs by a Robin

A female Blue Tit, which reminds me that our nest box is vacant this year.

And a very small bug, which I suspect is from the Miridae Family of which there are many.

And Ted checking to see what I'm up to.

And yep we have 2 dogs. This is Benji who does have the occasional walk, but would rather stay at home.

Mammals Recorded: Mouse sp.

Birds Recorded: Herring Gull, Wood Pigeon, 1 Grey Wagtail, Dunnock, Robin, Blackbird, 1 Chiffchaff, Great Tit, Blue Tit, Magpie, Carrion Crow, Jackdaw, House Sparrow, Chaffinch and Goldfinch

Bees Recorded: 1 Buff-tailed Bumblebee (Bombus terrestris)

Bugs and Beetles RecordedMiridae sp.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On this day
2020
Today's Sightings Here

2019
Today's Sightings Here.

2018
Today' Sightings Here.