5 Feb 23

Reap Lane Barn and Fields

Having not seen the Cirl Bunting on my last visit here on the 3rd, I tried again today. However after an extensive search, I can safely say it has departed. The main reason I think it has gone, is that the long grass in the horse paddocks, which it frequented, has been grazed to the ground.

Instead there are now at least 5 Stonechats in the fields, plus a few Pied Wagtails.

Birds Recorded:
Cormorant
1 Kestrel
1 Oystercatcher
Herring Gull
Great Black-backed Gull
Wood Pigeon
2 Pied Wagtail
Robin
5 Stonechat
Blackbird
Great Tit
Wren
Magpie
Carrion Crow
Jackdaw
Starling
House Sparrow

A male Kestrel searching for its next meal.

After all that hovering, its time for a rest.

A male Stonechat in the horse paddocks.

And another male.


Ted:

Yes I can see you Ted.

And yes I'm on my way.

Ships Today:

This is the Liberian Container Ship "Eli A" on its way from Ringaskiddy (Ireland) to Southampton. More on this vessel Here.

This is the British Fishing Boat - WH296 "Portland Isle" on its way back to Weymouth Harbour. More on this vessel Here.