27 Apr 21

Inmosthay, Grove Road Woods, Broadcroft Quarry Butterfly Reserve and Lower Horse Paddock

I had a late afternoon walk back from the garage today, where my car is having a bit of work done on it. Nothing too serious, just the brake pipes!!! The sea air has weathered them dramatically, so it was case of getting them replaced before anything serious happens.

The walk back home was pretty uneventful and the best I could find enroute were 2 male Blackcaps singing in Grove Road Woods, another on the Butterfly Reserve. 

However when I arrived at the Lower Horse Paddock I came across two Whinchat on the Brambles. As a dog walker was approaching them, I decided to take a record shot of them from about 100 metres away. It was just as well I did, as they flew off as soon as the walker got to them. Also making their way north were 2 House Martins and a Swallow.

Here are a few images from this afternoon:

A record shot of the two Whinchat on the Brambles in the Horse Paddock.

The 3 Amigos chilling out on the back of this pony.

One of the Starlings even makes the effort to have a preen.

For one second I thought Aliens had landed. Well when you walk around a corner and see 2 people in white suits, it does take you by surprise. These are local beekeepers giving two of their hives a Spring clean. I kept my distance, as those Honey Bees weren't too impressed.

Birds Recorded: Herring Gull, Wood Pigeon, Collared Dove, 2 House Martin, 1 Swallow, Dunnock, Robin, 2 Whinchat, Blackbird, 3 Blackcap, Long-tailed Tit, Great Tit, Blue Tit, Wren, Magpie, Carrion Crow, Jackdaw, Starling, House Sparrow, Chaffinch and Goldfinch

Bees Recorded: Honey Bees (Apis mellifera), Buff-tailed Bumblebee (Bombus terrestris) and a Chocolate Mining Bee (Andrena scotica)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On this day
2020
Today's Sightings Here

2019
Today's Sightings Here.

2018
Today' Sightings Here.