7 Apr 21

Wakeham

Another day at home, but nevertheless I had a couple of great highlights when I was out in the back garden. The first was a Willow Warbler which spent quite a bit of time between my garden and the neighbours.

The second highlight was an Osprey which I'm pretty sure it was, that having been mobbed by the "Wakeham" Herring Gulls made its way up the island towards The Grove and beyond.

Unfortunately other birders who I contacted further up the island, were unable to confirm it, which makes me wonder, if it possibly took a north-easterly route across Weymouth Bay towards Lulworth. We will never know.

Not my video, but this is an example of an Osprey flying.

Birds Recorded: 1 Osprey, Herring Gull, Wood Pigeon, 1 Grey Wagtail, Dunnock, Robin, Blackbird, 1 Willow Warbler, Great Tit, Blue Tit, Magpie, Carrion Crow, Jackdaw, House Sparrow, Chaffinch,  and Goldfinch

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On this day
2020
Today's Sightings Here

2019
Today's Sightings Here.

2018
Today' Sightings Here.