31 Jan 23

Furzedown Farm, Tidmoor Cove and Lynch Cove

This afternoon it was a visit to the static caravan, just to make sure everything was okay. And then after a quick look, Ted and I went for a walk.

And what a muddy walk it was, so much so, I had to carry him on a couple of occasions.

Still it was a worthwhile walk with for more additions to my 2023 bird species list, which now sits at 78.

Birds Recorded:
13 Brent Geese
5 Shelduck
1 Sparrowhawk
8 Oystercatcher
3 Bar-tailed Godwit
1 Curlew
2 Whimbrel
Black-headed Gull
Herring Gull
Wood Pigeon
Dunnock
Robin
Blackbird
1 Goldcrest
Carrion Crow
Jackdaw
Goldfinch
Greenfinch

Thirteen Brent Geese in Lynch Cove

My first Sparrowhawk of the year flying over the farm.

And my first Curlew of the year feeding in Tidmoor Cove


General Shots:

A very muddy Furzedown Farm

And it was much the same on the track leading down to Tidmoor Cove.



On the right is Tidmoor Cove on the left Chesil Beach


Ted:

Someone is in a hurry!!!