1 Jan 23

Wakeham

Well it didn't stop raining today, and as I wasn't feeling that brilliant, I stayed at home and logged the birds that were in and around the garden.

My first five bird species of 2023
Herring Gull
House Sparrow
Dunnock
Goldfinch
Wood Pigeon

Followed by:
Robin
Blackbird

There are least 2 Robins in the garden, this "silent" bird (female maybe!!) and another singing from the bottom of the garden. This bird was happy to gobble up the live mealworms, but when I approached it, it flew off........

...............to the drinks bowl. So does that mean the singing bird at the bottom of the garden is a male and was the individual that followed me back to the back door and took the mealworms from hand a few days back. When the weather cheers up a bit I'll give the live mealworms another go.