7 Jan 23

Out and about

It was a busy day for me on Portland with a trip to the tip, a bit shopping and a few other chores. At least Ted and I managed a quick walk at Portland Castle Beach before another heavy bout of rain arrived.

It was certainly day of sunshine and showers, unfortunately there was more rain than sun.

Well the day started off with a Robin in the Conservatory, which I startled when I opened the back door. I then realised it wasn't the "Courtyard - CY" Robin as that was sat in its usual spot next to the arbour.

I put some food on the coffee table and it came back in again, but this time it was chased off by the "CY" Robin. So is this "Cherry Tree - CT" Robin making a move on "CY" Robin or perhaps a third individual has moved in. Watch this space!!!!

Well this is the "Courtyard" Robin

And just a few feet away was this individual. But who is it? The "Cherry Tree" Robin or a third individual.

Next stop was a quick drive to Wyke Regis and as I crossed Ferrybridge there were dozens of Dunlin, Mediterranean Gulls and several Brent Geese feeding along the shoreline.

On the way back to Portland Ted and I parked up by Portland Castle and walked from the beach there to the marina and back, with the return journey at a quick pace as the rain began to fall. Highlights here were my first Great Northern Diver, Cormorant, Shag, Red-breasted Merganser, Oystercatcher and Black-headed Gull for 2023

Cormorants, Shags, Herring Gulls and Great Black-backed Gulls on the marina breakwater

My first Oystercatcher of the year.


Birds Recorded today
:
1 Great Northern Diver
Cormorant
Shag
Brent Geese
Red-breasted Merganser
Oystercatcher
Dunlin
Black-headed Gull

Mediterranean Gull
Herring Gull
Great Black-backed Gull
Wood Pigeon
Pied Wagtail
Dunnock
Robin
Blackbird
Song Thrush
Wren
Magpie
Carrion Crow
House Sparrow
Chaffinch
Goldfinch


Ted:

Anyone would think I had a treat for him!!