13 Feb 22

Chesil Cove

Well we can't say we weren't warned, as Low Pressure moved across the UK and with it gale force winds and gusts around 54mph. Oh and did I mention the rain, nope well it was chucking down whilst I was out, when I got home and as I write isn't likely to ease until 11:00pm tonight.

So where did I go for a quick breath of fresh air, well it was Chiswell and to a very sheltered spot I know which looks along Chesil Beach.

Unsurprisingly there wasn't too much about, other than a handful of Herring Gulls, Great Black-backed Gulls and two Ravens patrolling the shoreline.

Well at least the waves crashing on the beach was impressive.

Birds Recorded:
Herring Gull
Great Black-backed Gull
2 Raven

One of a few Herring Gulls flying along the shoreline.

And another adult Herring Gull.

Most of the gulls were flying along the beach apart from these two Great Black-backed Gulls which were a good 50 metres out to sea. Later they did take off and join the other gulls patrolling the beach.

One of the two Ravens also patrolling the beach.


General Shots and Videos:
A few photos and videos of the waves smashing onto the beach.