27 May 20

Wakeham

Apologies to the few that follow my Blog, the last few days have been pretty busy and consequently there haven't been a lot of sightings. Today was no exception I'm afraid, as it was spent working on Star our "Tamar 2000", which is out of the water at the moment, having a facelift.

So it wasn't until this evening I got the chance to see what was about in the back garden. Birds noted were a Swift heading south!!, 2 Swallows heading north, the male Common Whitethroat still singing from the horse paddock close-by and a family of Long-tailed Tits in the Buddleia briefly, before heading into the neighbours garden

In the garden I came across a Swollen-thighed Beetle, a Buff-tailed Bumblebee, Honey Bees, a Marmalade Hoverfly, an unidentified Syrphus hoverfly and a Cherry-bark Moth (Enarmonia formosana) which I came across on the Cherry Tree. Where else I guess!!

My Lockdown Garden List is Here.

A before shot of Star. Tomorrow if all goes well there will be an after shot.

And the Cherry-bark Moth. This photo really doesn't do it justice, as this small moth is very pretty. On the UK Moth site there are some lovely photos of this moth Here.

My attempt at capturing a Marmalade Hoverfly in flight.

A Swollen-thighed Beetle.

And long overdue, a really good buzz by Ted.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On this day..........
2019
Today's Sightings Here.

2018
Today's Sightings Here.