24 May 20

Wakeham

Even though lockdown has now been lifted I have decided to carry on with my Garden Wildlife List which was pretty good today, with three new additions to the list.

One addition I was very happy with, was a Slow-worm. I had seen them in the garden a couple of times over the past 3 years and in January this year I placed a corrugated sheet at the back of the garden to see if they would take to it. Well at least one has and hopefully there will be fewer slugs now.

Also new for the garden for this year was a Blue-tailed Damselfly (Ischnura elegans) and what I thought was a Knot Grass moth (Acronicta rumicis), but turned out to be a Cabbage Moth (Mamestra brassicae). Not only was this a new moth for my garden list but also for my Portland Moth List. Thank you to Martin Cade (Warden at Portland Bird Observatory) for the ID.

The corrugated sheet is proving to be a success as a........

.........Slow-worm has now taken up residence.

And my first Blue-tailed Damselfly for the year.

Hopefully I've got this right, a Knot Grass, which I disturbed as I was sorting out the vegetable patch. Turns out I was wrong and this is a Cabbage Moth.

A Root-maggot fly (Anthomyia procellaris). Flies aren't everybody's cup of tea, but this one is a bit different with its black and white dots.

A Narcissus Bulb Fly which is actually a hoverfly. There have been one or two daily in the garden for a number of weeks now.

And who else but Ted. Benji decided he didn't want his photo taken and headed back to the cool stone floor in the kitchen. I cant blame him, it was very warn again today.

My Lockdown Garden List is Here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On this day..........
2019
Today's Sightings Here.

2018
Today's Sightings Here.