18 Oct 23

Wakeham

Well I did get up early to have a walk before Storm Babet arrived. But it got here before I could set foot outdoors. So as per normal here are a few highlights from this day over the past six years.

2022
On this day last year I travelled to Wareham for my 4th Covid jab followed by a visit to the Blue Pool Nature Reserve here. Close to the car park were a few Sika Deer.

2021
I'm not going to win any prizes for this photo of a Chiffchaff, but on this day in 2021 there were 12 of them around Wakeham.

2020
A Dartford Warbler trapped at Portland Bird Observatory. There was also a Great Grey Shrike in the fields just south of Southwell

2019
There was no escape from the showers on this day either.

2018
A Grey Heron in the Crown Estate Fields.

2017
A Great Spotted Woodpecker in Wakeham