10 Aug 22

Wakeham

It was another very warm day, where I spent most of it in the back garden repairing the stone wall. I only had a few more to relocate, which took me ages to do. 

It did make me wonder how difficult Stonehenge was to build, needless to say I wont be taking up dry stone wall building as a job. I mean look at this poor bloke Here.

Before

And after. I'm pretty pleased with that.

Unfortunately I had my head down for most of the afternoon, and when I did look up on a few occasions there were a few things I noticed like a juvenile Robin sat on the fence watching me.

If only I had a few mealworms, I think I would have been his friend for life.

The only butterflies seen were 2 Small Whites.

Other things of note was a mouse running about in the courtyard, feeding on the seeds I spilt when I topped up the feeders and two Frogs in the "Tractor Tyre" pond.

Mammals Recorded:
1 mouse sp.


Birds Recorded:
Herring Gull
Wood Pigeon
Collared Dove
Dunnock
1 Robin
Wren
Magpie
Carrion Crow
House Sparrow
Linnet
Goldfinch


Amphibians Recorded:
Frog

Not photographed during the day, but tonight around 10:00pm. It looks like this Frog has just left the "Tractor Tyre" Pond, which is full of Common Duckweed (Lemna minor).


Butterflies Recorded:
2 Small White


Bees Recorded:
Honey Bees (Apis mellifera)
Buff-tailed Bumblebee (Bombus terrestris)
Red-tailed Bumblebee (Bombus lapidarius)
Common Carder (Bombus pascuorum)


Wasps and Gall Wasps Recorded:
Common Wasp (Vespula vulgaris)


Slugs and Snails Recorded:
15 Garden Snails (Cornu aspersa)

The only water in the garden are the two ponds. The "Bath" Pond is very popular with the Garden Snails.