4 Nov 23

Portland Bill

Yet again it was another very windy day, so there was little point in walking around my local patch. So instead it was another trip to The Bill for a seawatch, where I saw plenty of birds but with only 5 species recorded.

Birds Recorded:
60+ Gannet
5 Cormorant
3 Shag
6 Herring Gull
12+ Great Black-backed Gull
1 Lesser Black-backed Gull

Unlike my visit to The Bill, during Storm CiarĂ¡n where I only saw...........

...........four Gannets way out to sea, today there were a good 60 plus, with many close in.

A Cormorant

As for Great Black-backed Gulls there were.......

................a good dozen or more off The Bill.

I will be glad to be corrected, but I believe this.........

.............is a Lesser Black-backed Gull. Those legs do look more yellowish than the pink of a Great Black-backed Gull.

General Shots:

There doesn't seem to be any let up with the waves............

........................crashing into The Pulpit and.......

...............the Red Crane.


Ted
:

Izzie taking Ted for a walk while I have a seawatch

Ships Today:

This is the Korean Vehicles Carrier "Glovis Sirius" on its way from Antwerp to the Suez Canal (Egypt). More on this vessel here.

This is the Panamanian Container Ship "HMM Southampton" on its way from Antwerp to Tanger (Morocco). More on this vessel here.