12 Nov 23

Wakeham

It was a wet miserable day here so no chance of a walk, so instead here are a few highlights from this day over the past six years.

2022
Meadow Crane's-bill (Geranium pratense) still in flower on the butterfly reserve.

2021
A pair of Stonechats in the Upper Horse Paddock.

2020
Black Redstart at Church Ope Cove. I have also included.............

.........this photo of Ted eating Fish & Chips. I met two birders in Penns Wood who had left their bag of chips on the bench to watch a flock of Long-tailed Tits passing through. It wasn't until a few moments later, when I had a look behind me, that I realised Ted had snuck past us all and was having a good munch. I was told that they had finished their chips, so no drama, but what a naughty boy.

2019
One of the two Firecrests at the back of Church Ope Cove on this day.

2018
One of two Firecrests along Old Quarry Lane, where there was also a Yellow-browed Warbler.

2017
A lone Purple Sandpiper at Portland Bill