17 Nov 23

Old Quarry Lane, Wakeham Meadows, Wakeham Wildlife Site, Wakeham Railway Cuttings, The Mermaid Track and Bumpers Lane

It seems I have found a good spot for finches and other birds along Wakeham Railway Cuttings, to the east of the road bridge here.

Not only were there dozens of Chaffinches and Goldfinches, but I also came across 4 Dunnock, 2 Robin, 3 Blackbird, 2 Goldcrest, a Firecrest, 5 Great Tit and 4 Blue Tit in the Buddleia along this stretch.


Birds Recorded:
2 Kestrel
Herring Gull
Wood Pigeon
Dunnock
Robin
Blackbird
2 Goldcrest
1 Firecrest
Great Tit
Blue Tit
Wren
Magpie
Carrion Crow
Jackdaw
House Sparrow
Chaffinch
Goldfinch

One of the two Goldcrests along the railway cuttings

Also along the cuttings was this Firecrest (centre), a Blue Tit (bottom centre) and a Goldfinch on a Common Teasel (Dipsacus fullonum) to the far left.


Ships Today:

And my mystery boat. I have seen this fishing boat on several occasions recently but as yet, I have no idea of its name.