15 Nov 20

Wakeham

Around 2:00pm we had a 75 mph gust in Portland Harbour and there was an expected 90mph gust for Portland later on. Needless to say, it wasn't the weather to be galivanting around in, even for an exercise walk.

In fact at precisely the same time as the 75mph gust hit the island, our elderly neighbours plastic patio chair took off and sailed off up Wakeham. A few minutes later and I was off retrieving it for them.

High Tide today was at 18:58 and there was a flood warning for 4 hours before and after High Tide, with a further warning of a Tidal Surge. Not sure if it came over the top though.

This was the view of Chesil Beach early this afternoon. (A video still captured from the Portland Heights Webcam Here)

Well the weather on this day over the past few years couldn't have been more different and in:

2019 I had 5 Firecrests at Penns Wood (3) and Church Ope Cove Wood (2).

2018 I watched my first ever UK Pallid Swift over West Weares

2017 I recorded 4 Firecrests (Around Church Ope Cove) and 12 Greenfinches at Perryfields Quarry Butterfly Reserve.

This was the Pallid Swift over West Weares. It was pretty difficult to focus on this very busy bird. I tried to zoom in but failed miserably, so I had to resort to a wider field of view. I have also slowed it down to 70% speed. It was fast.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On this day
2019
Today's Sightings Here

2018
Today's Sightings Here.

2017
Today' Sightings Here.