30 Oct 17

Wakeham

Not much today as I was out and about. This morning though a male Bullfinch in the back garden and 2 Redpolls over.

Quarry Lane

I managed an hour along Quarry Lane and then across to the pool area before making my way towards Penn's Weare and then back to the cottage via Bumpers Lane.

So glad I went out otherwise I'm sure I would have missed the green flash phenomena as the sun set. Definitely a first for me and what an absolutely amazing sight.

In Quarry Lane just a few Chiffchaffs and Goldcrests, with a couple of Song Thrushes in the bushes. By the pool a female Reed Bunting, I managed one shot before she disappeared over the back of the brambles. This area is definitely my little patch now, with an ever growing list of birds including Radde's Warbler, Yellow-browed Warbler and Firecrest to name but a few.

Nothing much above Penn's Weare, apart from dozes of Robins all singing away.

Here are a few images including the Green Flash:

A female Reed Bunting at the Quarry Lane Pool.

The sun setting over Wakeham

Nearly gone......

......and then as the sun dropped below the horizon I saw my first ever Green Flash phenomena which I wasn't expecting to see.. More on this here

The Lighthouse at The Bill

Tonight's moon.