22 Nov 21

Weymouth

It was another shopping trip to Weymouth today and another opportunity to track down what is turning out to be a very elusive Little Auk in the harbour. Once again I was told it had been seen 20 minutes before I arrived and yep, it didn't show up for the next hour I was by the quayside.

Well I have a couple more opportunities, as the "new" used car is having some minor work done on it in Weymouth. Here's hoping!!

Birds Recorded:
5 Cormorant
Black-headed Gull
Herring Gull
Great Black-backed Gull
Pied Wagtail
Magpie
Carrion Crow
Jackdaw

No Little Auk seen by me today (again), but plenty of Cormorants fishing in the harbour.

That's a beak you wouldn't want to mess about with.

And I'm just wondering what these........

..........two are doing.

Ahh synchronised diving. Though the one on the right appears to have entered the water a little bit too early. Good effort though. 😂😂

An adult Black-headed Gull removing a few loose feathers.

Not the easiest of gulls to age, but I'm going with 2cy Herring Gull. There are a few similarly aged birds Here.

Another Herring Gull. This one is an adult and I couldn't resist it as it was that close. And that was to...

......photograph some head shots right up close.

Looks more like an owl head-on.