24 May 21

Wakeham

Yet again it was another one of those days where Ted and I were set to go out for a walk and as we got to the front door a squally shower met us. In the end I gave up and just took some random photos around the garden.


This is a screen grab I took from the Portland Heights Hotel webcam looking over Chesil Beach. To the left of the image it looks like a funnel cloud forming. If it is and it touched the water it would be called a Water Spout. However if it touched land we would have ourselves a Tornado.

It did neither and we ended up with a very heavy shower. In fact one of many which intensified throughout the afternoon and into the evening.

Not really the shot I was after, but here is the female Great Tit returning to the nest box. I waited a good 5 minutes or so for her to leave, but she didn't. So I guess she was keeping her chicks warm.

Hmm one of the local Herring Gulls seemed interested in the comings and goings of the Great Tits. I guess if the Great Tits were fledglings, then this gull wouldn't hesitate in picking them off.

Aircraft Today

I just managed to get out of the back door as this Dassault Falcon flew over Portland this afternoon, hence only a record shot of it.

Here it is enlarged, though unfortunately there isn't a lot of detail to be seen. The last Dassault Falcon I saw flying over Portland was on 1 November 2019 Here; on that day the aircraft was G-FRAJ. Today's aircraft was G-FRAK and there is more info and a better photo of this aircraft Here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On this day
2020
Today's Sightings Here

2019
Today's Sightings Here.

2018
Today' Sightings Here.