17 Apr 20

Wakeham

No new birds today, but some newbies to add to my invertebrates list.

Today started off pretty wet and then turned quite bright and sunny, though there was still cool breeze blowing in. However as I type this, it looks like we are in for another deluge, as the storm clouds are building up again.

So the newbies today were a new Hoverfly for the garden (but one I have seen before) an Eupeodes luniger and a smart looking fly which I think is the Root-maggot fly, Anthomyia procellaris

This was the seen first thing this morning. Some much needed rain. And more tonight apparently

And later when the sun came out so a Robin burst into song.

The sun also brought out a few hoverflies, like this Eupeodes luniger

One I have seen before but not in the garden

The Root-maggot Fly, Anthomyia procellaris

A Honey Bee comes into land on the Cherry blossom.

Another Syrphus hoverfly which sadly I wont be able to ID.

Good to see the Red Admiral back today. In fact it was joined by another one.

I must have counted at least 10 Buff-tailed Bumblebees on the Cherry Tree. This one and two others were warming themselves up on the shed door.

Ted who else and yep.........

.........another Buzz

And more. Ted's got more energy than I have.

NOTE

See the Full Lockdown Garden List Here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On this day..........
2019
Today's Sightings Here.

2018
Today's Sightings Here.