6 Dec 18

Portland Marina

Another flying visit to the boat this afternoon and in the marina a pair of Red-breasted Merganser, 2 Cormorant, a Shag and 2 Herring Gull.

Wakeham

This morning a Great Spotted Woodpecker was in one of my neighbours back garden, whilst in the cottage my first Twenty-plume Moth (Alucita hexadactyla) on Portland landed on the living room ceiling.

A male Great Spotted Woodpecker in a neighbours garden................

............you can just about see the red patch behind its head.

A Twenty-plume Moth (Alucita hexadactyla). I wasn't surprised to see one, even in the cottage, but when I went through my Portland Moth records, I realised this was my first on the island. Moth number 120.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On this day..........
2017
Today's Sightings Here