11 Jul 24

Wakeham

It was an afternoon spent with family, so no gardening today, but instead just a quick look around the garden before I departed.


Common Carder Bee (Bombus pascuorum). Also on the............

..........the Purple Loosestrife (Lythrum salicaria) was this Honey Bee (Apis mellifera). This Purple Loosestrife I have had since 1986, when I had one around my garden pond in Norfolk. Every time I moved I used to take a small piece and grow it in my next garden. Thirty-eight years on and it still doing well.

On this White Stonecrop (Sedum album) was this wasp sp.

This Thick-legged hoverfly (Syritta pipiens) was also.........

..............on the White Stonecrop, along with a Red Ant sp.

A male Semaphore Fly (Poecilobothrus nobilitatus)

And this very jet black fly is..........

..........a Pouting Woodlouse-fly (Rhinophora lepida) and a new fly for my Portland List.

A female Swollen-thighed Beetle (Oedemera nobilis)

There were quite a few Zebra Spiders (Salticus scenicus) about.

This one has just caught a fly.

Scarlet Pimpernel (Anagallis arvensis)

Ivy-leaved Toadflax, Cymbalaria muralis). It is also known........

..............as Kenilworth Ivy, Coliseum Ivy, Oxford Ivy, Mother of Thousands, Pennywort and Wandering Sailor.

Ted waiting for the next door neighbours cat to appear!!