28 Apr 24

Ferrybridge Sandflats

It was not quite the day I had in mind when I woke up, as I ended up visiting Weymouth Hospital with a very painful thigh muscle. I've no idea how it occurred, but on a scale of 1 - 10 the achiness I was experiencing was an 11.

Needless to say it looks like long walks are out the window for awhile, as I begin a course of anti-inflammatory tablets and strong painkillers. 

So on the way back to Portland I stopped for a "brief" look across The Fleet at Ferrybridge. Highlights here were 20 Little Terns and 13 Sandwich Terns.

Birds Recorded:
20+ Herring Gull
20 Little Tern
13 Sandwich Tern
1 Pied Wagtail
1 Raven

Quite a few of the Little Terns were...........

...........sat on these buoys 

Also here on The Fleet were quite a few Sandwich Terns, which were either chasing each other or......

........looking for a.........

...............buoy to sit on.

On the building site at Ferrybridge this............

.............Raven decided to land close to me.


Ted
:

Make the most of this walk Ted, as other walk are going to be few and far between for awhile.