13 Dec 21

Lynch Cove, Littlesea and Tidmoor Cove

It was Dawn's big day today as she was given the keys to her brand new static caravan at Littlesea. Whilst she was sorting out a few things to pretty it up, I took Ted for a walk along the shoreline between Lynch Cove and Tidmoor Cove.

And here is Dawn's pride and joy.

Having had a look at the Ordnance Survey map when I got home, it looks very much like I will be able to do a circular walk back to the caravan. Sounds good for the next walk here.

The caravan is perfectly located close to Furzedown Farm, where there is a Dorset Trail leading away from the holiday park. Plus it is a short walk to Lynch Cove and then onto Tidmoor Cove.

Highlights along my walk were 2 Little Egret, 74 Shelduck, 3 Red-breasted Merganser, 1 Buzzard, 1 Redshank and 2 Redpoll

Birds Recorded:
2 Little Egret
74 Shelduck
3 Red-breasted Merganser
Buzzard
Oystercatcher
1 Redshank
Herring Gull
Wood Pigeon
Dunnock
Robin
Blackbird
Song Thrush
Wren
Carrion Crow
Jackdaw
Chaffinch
2 Redpoll
Goldfinch

This Little Egret was to my left at Lynch Cove and then............

...............it flew across in front of me and landed........

........just a few metres away to my right.

Below Chesil Beach across Littlesea were at least 74 Shelduck. In this photo there is also an Oystercatcher in amongst them.

Here are a few of the Shelduck resting up.

As I swung around the point into Tidmoor Cove I came across this.......

...........Redshank feeding along the waters wedge.

A "bobbing" Redshank

Here it is again making its way along the shoreline


General Photos:

Lynch Cove

Tidmoor Cove


Ted:

Do you know I don't think it will be just us enjoying the...........

.............outdoors here at Littlesea. Go Ted go!!

NOTE
This was my last walk along this stretch of The Fleet Here. (6 Aug19)