9 Jun 20

Wakeham

A few a snippets from the garden today.

So there I was watching this Honey Bee on the Scabious, when a very small bee entered the air space above it.

Immediately the Honey Bee turned and in a defensive posture threw out its legs towards the "intruder".

A split second later and the pair were flying parallel towards the next flower head.

To be honest I'm not sure what bee species this. Possibly a male Blue Mason Bee (Osmia caerulescens), but the shape doesn't look right!!

One of the Red-tailed Wasps. Unfortunately there are several very similar looking species here in the UK and can only bee identified by expert examination.

A 7-spot Ladybird and strangely enough and despite the mild weather we have had, I have seen very few Ladybirds on my walks. That includes Harlequins, with the last one I came across being on 17 Mar 20; which I guess is a blessing for this invasive species.

And of course I couldn't leave out Ted and..........

...........even Benji wanted some of the limelight


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On this day..........
2019
Today's Sightings Here.

2018
Today's Sightings Here.


2017
Today' Sightings Here.