12 Jun 20

Wakeham

I can't wait to visit my local patch again, but for the time being I'm afraid it's more sightings from the back garden. With the forecast of rain today, I managed to get out into the back garden fairly early this morning. There was a fair bit of cloud cover and a stiff easterly breeze again, but I managed to record a few insects.

Having not seen a butterfly in the garden for a few days, it was good to see a Red Admiral, albeit for a few seconds before it took shelter in my neighbours Buckthorn.

On the bird front the main highlight was watching 2 Swifts heading west.

Here are my garden sightings from this morning.

It would be a shame to think that this adult Herring Gull isn't BO, but with both leg rings now missing it is impossible to say. I would like to think it is, but who knows!! Here is a bit about BO Here

I'm still struggling to see the third chick. Feeding time will be a good time to check.

There were a couple of Ichneumon wasps, this one was by the pond and....

.........this is the still unidentified one seen on the Holly Bush for the past 3 days. Hopefully one of these day's, I will to identify them both.

A short video of the "Holly" Ichneumon Wasp

Just the one hoverfly species seen today, with at least 5 Marmalade Hoverflies (Episyrphus balteatus) seen around the garden

A very black fly which sort of looks familiar, but at the moment will remain a fly sp.

I thought this spider looked familiar. Last year I came across a similar looking spider and at the time presumed it was a Zebra Spider. It is in the same family of Jumping Spiders (Salticidae), but is a Copper Sun-jumper (Heliophanus cupreus) and a first for the garden.

My Lockdown Garden List is Here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On this day..........
2019
Today's Sightings Here.

2018
Today's Sightings Here.


2017
Today' Sightings Here.