30 Jun 20

Wakeham

Sometimes you have to face the consequences of your wishes. The past 3 days has seen strong westerlies, with gusts up to 40mph and I was wishing it would just to stop blowing. Today my wish came true, very little wind but oh my word there was wall to wall mist and constant drizzle. Yuk.

So for the second day running, there was no walk and the only highlights from the garden were singles of:

Buff-tailed Bumblebee (Bombus terrestris)
Marmalade Hoverfly (Episyrphus balteatus)
White-lipped Banded Snail (Cepaea hortensis)- no surprise there

And:
That wasp-like insect on the Dahlia again.

Also noted:
From the Lower Horse paddock, the male Common Whitethroat is still singing, despite the appalling conditions. Not sure what he was happy about!!

Looks are deceiving as the garden looks very clear, but believe me there was thick mist drifting all around the island.

Unsurprisingly I came across a White-lipped Banded Snail and no doubt I would have found other snails if I looked hard enough.

I have yet to get a decent photograph of this very tiny wasp-like insect, which has appeared for the second day running on one of my Dahlias. I still have no idea what species it is. Yet!!

Here are a few stills and a live stream from local Web Cams of the miserable weather today:


Portland Heights - Screen Grab
and

Portland Harbour - Screen Grab
and

Weymouth Beach and Bay - Screen Grab
and

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On this day..........
2019
Today's Sightings Here.

2018
Today's Sightings Here.


2017
Today' Sightings Here.