2 Nov 17

Pennsylvania Castle Woods and Quarry Lane

Not much around this afternoon and sadly no Yellow-browed Warblers either at Pennsylvania Castle Woods or Quarry Lane. I did however come across 2 Firecrests in Pennsylvania Castle Wood, along with 2 Chiffchaffs, 3 Goldcrests and a small party of Long-tailed Tits.

In Quarry Lane several Chiffchaffs and a few Goldcrests in the Sallows and Field Maple. In the Horse paddock a single male Stonechat, seems to have taken up residence on a small bramble bush.

A very short video of a Firecrest in Pennsylvania Castle Woods. I'll be honest I was trying to photograph it and accidentally hit the record button. Not too bad for 8 second burst!!

A Firecrest has spotted me and is.......

.....off. I'm glad I accidentally hit the video record button on the camera now.

A male Stonechat has a quick flutter on the brambles in the horse paddock.

Its getting to that time of year now where Robins will start to appear on the Blog. It will soon be Christmas!!