7 Oct 24

Portland to Southampton

So today was my Pre-op Assessment at Southampton Hospital and an opportunity to meet my surgeon who will be undertaking my open heart surgery on Monday 14th September.

All went well and he was happy to let me return home, before I return on Sunday 13th.

En route and on the return it made a change to be a passenger, as Dawn drove me perfectly to and from the hospital in comfort. And of course I had to do a bit of birdwatching, with some good highlights as you can see in the birds recorded below.

On the way back home we stopped off here for a bite to eat and stretch the legs.

Birds Recorded:
1 Little Egret
8 Dark-bellied Brent Goose
1 Red Kite
6 Buzzard
Black-headed Gull
Herring Gull
Great Black-backed Gull
Wood Pigeon
Collared Dove
6 Pied Wagtail
Dunnock
Robin
Blackbird
1 Chiffchaff
Great Tit
Blue Tit
Wren
Magpie
Rook
Carrion Crow
Jackdaw
Starling
House Sparrow
Chaffinch
Goldfinch

Common Buzzard ............

...........near Cadnam here.

And of course the obligatory Robin.

And Starlings on the wires.

Below are a few photos of the animals in and out of the fields.