27 Mar 23

Wakeham

It was a day spent in the back garden, turning the old vegetable plot into a rose garden. Hopefully it will be a sight to behold. Time will tell!!

Despite having my head down most of the time, it was good to note a Chiffchaff in my neighbours garden, watching a Peregrine Falcon way way up in the sky and my first Collared Doves since the 5 Jan 23. Where on earth have these doves been!!

And how about 24 plus House Sparrows in and around the feeders. No wonder I have to keep topping the feeders up every couple of days.

Birds Recorded:
1 Peregrine Falcon
Herring Gull
Wood Pigeon
2 Collared Dove
Dunnock
Robin
Blackbird
1 Chiffchaff
Great Tit
Blue Tit
Magpie
Carrion Crow
Jackdaw
Starling
24+ House Sparrow
Chaffinch
Goldfinch

A record shot of a Peregrine Falcon way way above me

A very smart looking Goldfinch on the Nyjer feeder


Amphibians Recorded:
1 Palmate Newt

My first Palmate Newt this year in the "Bath" Pond. Now I know they are still here, I will endeavour to try out my underwater camera and see what I can capture.


Moths Recorded:
Light Brown Apple Moth (Epiphyas postvittana)

My first Light Brown Apple moth of the year


Bees Recorded:
Buff-tailed Bumblebee (Bombus terrestris)

Ted:

The bonus about having a long garden is if you don't get a walk, you can still have a good "buzz". I don't think Benji was too impressed.