19 Feb 20

Penns Wood, St Andrew's Church, Church Ope Cove Wood, Church Ope Cove, Rufus Castle and Mermaid Track.

I thought I'd timed my walk perfectly today so that I would dodge the showers. How wrong was I and had I left it for another 30 minutes I'm sure I wouldn't have got a soaking. Needless to say birdwatching was pretty difficult and the best I could in the rain was 1 Goldcrest along the Mermaid Track and 2 Rock Pipits on the beach.

A Shag fishing just off the cove was good to watch as it dived down to catch its meal. It was difficult to see what it was catching, but whatever they were it was finding plenty.

Here are a few images from today:

This Shag was fishing just off the beach at Church Ope Cove.

It looks like it was successful, though it was a bit of an effort to swallow this fish.

Unsurprisingly, with the all the storms we have had in the past week or so, that there are so many empty Whelk egg cases washed up onto the beach.

I think this is Sea Fern, but I'm struggling to find anything about it. Maybe its called something else!!

Birds Recorded: Shag, Herring Gull, Wood Pigeon, 2 Rock Pipit, Dunnock, Robin, Blackbird, Goldcrest, Great Tit, Blue Tit, Wren, Magpie, Carrion Crow and Chaffinch

Ships Today

This is the Swedish Tanker "Bonito" on its way from Milford Haven to Portland Harbour. More on this vessel Here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On this day..........
2019
Today's Sightings Here.

2018
Today's Sightings Here.