3 Mar 18

Wakeham

Back to "normal" rain and a welcome sight. The snow and ice from the past 2 days disappeared overnight as temperatures rose and "wet" rain began to fall.

Birds on the feeders this morning were the usual Great Tits and Robin, whilst at the front of the cottage a small party of Long-tailed Tits were flying from tree to tree down Wakeham.

This afternoon my first ever Great Spotted Woodpecker on a bird feeder in any garden I have ever had. With the weather so bad yesterday I put a peanut feeder out just in case there was competition on the other feeders for food. I decided to leave it out this morning and I am so glad I did, as a female Great Spotted Woodpecker dropped in.

What a great addition to any garden a female Great Spotted Woodpecker on the peanuts.

My first ever Great Spotted Woodpecker in any garden I have ever had.

A short clip of the female Great Spotted Woodpecker