16 Mar 22

Out and about

Well the weather forecast was for rain, and didn't it just, especially this morning, with what can only be described as a deluge. It chucked down! The afternoon wasn't as bad, but it didn't ease off until around 5:00pm.

Early afternoon I had to drop into Littlesea and a quick seawatch here from the car, revealed a few Oystercatchers, Curlew and Shelduck in Lynch Cove.

On the way back to Portland I just caught a glimpse of the 5 over-wintering Bar-tailed Godwits on the Sandbanks at Ferrybridge.

Birds Recorded:
Shelduck
Oystercatcher
5 Bar-tailed Godwit
Curlew
Black-headed Gull
Mediterranean Gull
Herring Gull
Great Black-backed Gull
Wood Pigeon
Collared Dove
Dunnock
Robin
Blackbird
Great Tit
Blue Tit
Magpie
Carrion Crow
Jackdaw
Starling
House Sparrow
Chaffinch
Linnet
Goldfinch

A few nights back I took a few photos of the nightlife in the back garden and conservatory.

Common Toad in the "bath" pond.

And then there were two.

A Noble False Widow Spider (Steatoda nobilis). And what I suspect bit me a few months back when I put my hand into a jacket that had been hanging up in the garden shed. All I can say is the bite was pretty intense and left a small hole in my finger. 

Silverfish (Lepisma saccharina)

And another.

Yellow Slug (Limacus flavus)

And another but much smaller Yellow Slug