4 Apr 19

Out and About

A trip to Taunton today to buy an outboard engine for Star. Always a good idea to have an auxiliary engine just in case the main engine packs up.

First stop then was Portland Marina to measure up the hold in the stern to house the external fuel tank and while I was there 2 Sandwich Terns flew over my head. Turns out there must have been a small passage of them as others were recorded out in Portland Harbour.

Next stop was Taunton and en route at Hampton Here, a couple of Yellowhammers to add to my 2019 Bird List.

On the way back I dropped off the outboard and in the marina were a pair of Red-breasted Mergansers. I would have thought they would have gone by now. Mind you with the weather as it is, I'm not surprised they haven't left yet.

Pouring down with heavy rain and as I was getting a good soaking this Sandwich Tern flew over my head. Probably one of the worse photos I have ever taken with a mobile phone. But you get the picture. 😁

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On this day..........
2018
Today's Sightings Here.