18 Dec 23

Lodmoor RSPB Reserve

I spent an hour at Lodmoor today with the main highlight being the 2000+ Golden Plover on the reserve.


Birds Recorded:
Cormorant
Grey Heron
Mute Swan
Shelduck
Mallard
Gadwall
Teal
Moorhen
Coot
2000+ Golden Plover
Lapwing
Dunlin
Snipe
23 Black-tailed Godwit
Black-headed Gull
Mediterranean Gull
Herring Gull
Great Black-backed Gull
Common Gull
Wood Pigeon
Dunnock
Robin
Blackbird
Long-tailed Tit
Great Tit
Blue Tit
Wren
Magpie
Carrion Crow
Starling
House Sparrow
Chaffinch
Goldfinch

A Grey Heron looking for a meal.

Just a few of the 2000+ Golden Plover above the reserve.

Here are a few Golden Plovers coming into land next to a few Lapwings

And a few Lapwing in flight.

And another close to the track I was walking.


Ted:

Please Dad, let me off my lead. Sorry Ted not a reserve I'm afraid.