1 Jan 20

Wakeham

I think last nights celebrations went to my head a bit, as a couple of tweets I made in the early hours of this morning I wrote 2012 instead of 2020. I have a feeling it wont be the last time I make that mistake.

Well 2020 got off to an early start with the first birds of the year being Herring Gulls making a racket (as they normally do) at around 7:15am. Later, after I got up, the next few birds on a wet miserable start to the year were Robin, Carrion Crow, Wood PigeonGreat Tit and Goldfinch.

This afternoon the cloud lifted slightly and I managed to add Blue Tit, Magpie, Collared Dove and Great Black-backed Gull to my list.

The weather didn't improve much for the rest of the day, so it was a mediocre start of 10 birds to start the year off

A real Pea Souper to start the year off.

Chiswell

The most unusual sighting today was by Dawn, my other half. She came across 2 Muscovy Ducks on the field between Portland Beach Road and Lerret Road Here. Most likely escapees from someones wildfowl collection. But an unusual sighting nevertheless.




Note

The totals below are the bird species I have seen around Portland and Weymouth over the past few years. Maybe I'll get into the 170's this year.

2017 - 148 (From 30 May)
2018 - 167
2019 - 166

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On this day..........
2019
Today's Sightings Here.

2018
Today's Sightings Here.