23 Jun 17

Wakeham
The moth trap is out this evening and though there is a howling wind, I'm optimistic that there will be something in the trap tomorrow morning.

I couldn't resist a quick look at 10:45pm and I wasn't disappointed with 5 already. Well 4 as a Silver Y made its escape as I looked in. The ones in there were Garden Tiger moth, Common Wainscot (Mythimna pallens), Plum Tortrix (Hedya pruniana) and a pug sp. Well at least I haven't blanked.

A Garden Tiger Moth

Local Area
We shall see what today brings. Good old Sky Broadband was down for most of yesterday and definitely off from 8:30pm last night to 9:50am this morning. So if there aren't any daily Blogs showing on here we all know why. Oh I do miss Virgin Broadband, sadly the Portland Stone is too hard for the engineers to lay the cables necessary. One day maybe!

Fortunately Open Reach were able to fix the shoddy work Kelly's did with the installation and I now have Broadband back. Hopefully fault free.

Sadly that and the fact my plumbing skills aren't up to much, there weren't a lot sightings made today. Only highlights were a Kestrel over The Fleet Wildlife Centre, I hope those Little Tern chicks are keeping an eye out and a Silver Y moth flitting about the garden this evening.