12 Oct 18

Ferrybridge

Saw my first Brent Geese of the Autumn on The Fleet this afternoon. I am sure there will be many more to come.
Broadcroft Quarry Lane and Horse Paddocks.

Still blowing a gale here on Portland, making it extremely difficult to see any small birds in the hedgerows and trees. I did manage to locate 3 Chiffchaffs, 2 Great Tits, 1 Blue Tit and a Robin along the lane, but lost them in the swaying branches and falling leaves.

Nothing in the upper horse paddock, but there were 23 Jackdaws and 54 Herring Gulls in the lower paddock. In amongst them, which I found odd, was a single Lesser Black-backed Gull. I've not seen many LBBG's on Portland and to find this single bird was a surprise.

No sign of the Stonechats, but a single Meadow Pipit over.

Here are a few images of the Herring Gulls and Lesser Black-backed Gull before it flew off.